Monday, August 1, 2011

actually, i'm still alive.



Welly, welly well, it's been a while. That's okay though, because that means I have a job and can't sit around on my computer all day.

It also means I've been shamefully remiss about painting, though things are under way and I'm hoping to complete them before the sun becomes a red giant and swallows the earth. (Although at that point, who cares?) I haven't even really been doing any watercolors, having been feeling rather uninspired lately. Here, however, are some pieces I put on my deviantART account but not here.

Up first is a group shot of me and most of my alter-egos. One more came out of the woodwork after this picture was completed, but you'll get to meet her soon. From left to right is an exterminator, a skullhead (a sugar skullhead, to be precise), me, a skullhoodie, and a surgeon.

Next is Beast Boy and his new necklace, because even Beast Boys need to feel pretty sometimes. I really enjoy painting teeth like that.

Both were done with the usual mix of watercolors, watercolor pencils, gouache, ink and colored pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment